“Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.” – Charles B. Rangel
“The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” — Jeff Miller
“Spending time with America’s soldiers is always inspiring.” – John Boehner
“Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.”– Bernard Malamud
“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
“The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.” – Douglas MacArthur
“My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place–police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” — Sidney Sheldon
“On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.” – Dan Lipinski
“Caring for veterans shouldn’t be a partisan issue. It should an American one.” – Jennifer Granholm
Veterans Day Quotes 2020
- To all veterans of all branches: Thank you for your sacrifice, your bravery, and the example you set for us all. In short, thank you for your service!
- To all those who have served, and those who continue to serve… Happy Veterans Day!
- Happy Veterans Day to our soldiers, both past and present. We owe you our thanks, but more than that, we owe you our freedom.
- There’s no way to thank our veterans for everything they sacrifice for our freedom, but on Veterans Day, we have to try. So thank you to all our service men and women, both past and present!
- Veterans Day is a good time to remember that our freedom isn’t guaranteed. It’s protected by the men and women in our Armed Services. To those who secure our way of life… thank you!
- To all the veterans out there… we salute you! Thank you for your service and sacrifice!
- Thank you to all members of our military, in all branches, past and present, living and dead.
- On this day, we honor all current and former members of the Armed Services. Our country’s greatness is built on the foundation of your courage and sacrifice. Thank you!
- Happy Veterans Day to our military and their families, who sacrifice so much to keep our country safe and strong.
- Not only should we thank the military this Veterans Day, but we should resolve to thank them throughout the year for the vital service they perform for our country.
Veterans Day Quotes From Presidents 2020
- To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations … President Woodrow Wilson
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Quotes to Live By
- Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened. Rev. Billy Graham
Famous Quotes about Life
- The Bible tells us: If you owe debts, pay debts; if honor, then honor; if respect, then respect. The debt our nation owes those who’ve worn the uniform is a debt we will never be able to fully repay. Micheal R. Pence, Vice President of the United States, 2017
- Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem. Ronald Reagan
Make A Difference
- Today, in big cities and small towns across our country, there will be ceremonies around flagpoles and parades down Main Street to properly express our gratitude, to show our appreciation to men and women who served so that we might live free. President Barack Obama, 2015
- You are, the Veterans of America, the most trusted among us, and the most tested of all Americans…. You are not only the heart and soul, but you are the very spine of this nation. And as a nation, we pause today to thank more than 23 million surviving veterans who have so bravely and faithfully protected our freedom. You gave and they gave. And you deserve our thanks. Joseph Biden, Vice President of the United States, 2014
- To all our nation’s veterans: Whether you fought in Salerno or Samarra, Khe Sanh or the Korengal, you are part of an unbroken chain of men and women who have served this country with honor and distinction. On behalf of a proud and grateful nation, we thank you. President Barack Obama, 2012
- People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
- There is no mystery behind the endurance and the success of American liberty. It is because in every generation, from the Revolutionary period to this very hour, brave Americans have stepped forward and served honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States. Every one of them deserves the thanks and the admiration of our entire country. Richard B. Cheney, Vice President of the United States, 2008
- We observe Veterans Day on an anniversary — not of a great battle or of the beginning of a war, but of a day when war ended and our nation was again at peace. Ever since the Armistice of November the 11th,1918 , this has been a day to remember our debt to all who have worn the uniform of the United States. President George W. Bush, 2003