Veterans Day Quotes 2020
To our men and women in uniform, past, present, and future, God bless you and thank you.
A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart. – Hercules
Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. -Abraham Lincoln
A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell
America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago. -Steve Buyer
America must never forget your sacrifices
The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. -Patrick Henry
For the veteran, thank you for bravely doing what you’re called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do
In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country, can change it – Barack Obama
On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free. – Dan Lipinski
- My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces. -Sidney Sheldon
- To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
- The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude. -Jeff Miller
- We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.- Cynthia Ozick
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it… it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it
- Home of the free because of the brave.
- If you want to thank a soldier, be the kind of American worth fighting for
- America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world. -John Doolittle
- To all who have put their lives on the line in defense of the flat, thank you.
- American without her soldiers would be like God without his angels – Claudia Pemberton
Quotes on Veterans Day 2020
- This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
- In valor there is hope. -Publius Cornelius Tacitus
- Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men. -Richard Watson Gilder
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! Maya Angelou
- For your bravery, hard work, and dedication to our country, we thank you
- The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage. – Thucydides
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Freedom is never free
- Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day. -Charles B. Rangel
- Never was so much owed by so many to so few –Winston Churchill
Happy Veterans Day Quotes 2020
Veterans Day Quotes of Appreciation 2020
The only war is the war you fought in. Every veteran knows that.
The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.
In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.
To be a veteran, one must know and determine one’s price for freedom.
On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to ‘The United States of America’ for an amount of ‘up to and including my life.’ That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Duty, honor, country. those threeHallowed Words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
The soldier Above all other’s pray’s for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest Wounds scars of war.
For the veteran, thank you for bravely doing what you’re called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!
When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?
Michel de Montaigne
Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.
Veterans Day Quotes Thank You 2020
- “Don’t interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.”
— Abraham Lincoln
- “Perfect valor is to behave, without witnesses, as one would act were all the world watching.”
— Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”
— Elmer Davis
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!”
— Maya Angelou
- “America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.”
— Steve Buyer
- “America’s veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world.”
— John Doolittle
- “I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.”
— Gary Hart
- “There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself in acts of bravery and heroism.”
— Alexander Hamilton
- “It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”
— Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
- “Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.”
— Charles B. Rangel
- “True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.”
— Arthur Ashe